What's new

Reverse Buy & Sell Decisions?

tcooper99

Hey All,

Historically, I've always been a long-term investor involved with accounts that were managed for me by an advisor. I'm not incredibly tech-savvy, so the world of day trading on my own and the use of robots was very intimidating to me. However, I took the plunge and have been learning a lot since diving in.

I'm still operating on a demo account, and seem to have finally hit a sweet spot with the numbers... BUT. The bot is doing the literal opposite of what it needs to be doing. For example, it's triggering BUY orders when it needs to SELL, and vice versa. If I could switch these two things somehow, it would have profited about $50/day over the last several days, assuming a 10k initial investment and 1:100 leverage.

It seems like such a simple thing to flip-flop, but I'm not having any luck figuring it out and haven't seen any resources online related to that issue.

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

hope this helps. Seems the Primary. Acutally the only strat the the Bot uses is Reversals. Ive been doing my best to adjust to this fact and using high #'s for the appropriate direction. Up Ill put a high # in the Bull setting and a low one in the bear. The idea is. If it sees 2 or 3 bear flags it will take out a buy position for the reversal. And vice versa. Please let me know how this works out for you. Lately the market has been gaping alot. Unfortunately my bot has been betting on the wrong direction.

This actually just gave me an idea.
I have only been trading for just over a year, and still am not fluent in reversals, but the issue with this bot, especially with inexperienced traders, is that during a slow OR strong trend, there's never a guarantee when trying to project the timing of a substantial/profitable reversal..in fact, most reversals are minimal (retrace) during an ongoing trend, so unless we ALL use higher bear/bullish numbers to ensure a true reversal movement in the price (simply to prevent open trades on small retracements), we will need to know WHEN a reversal is imminent in order to be profitable...otherwise, there will only opened trades at these smaller retracements when the trend will simply return to it's trend and cause DD for all accounts.

Trading View has lots of free indicators that can help everyone even more indicators and tools to locate an imminent reversal that might help many of us.
I also have tried to lower the number of bear/bullish signals in order to try to better manage trades, but in most cases GALfx wouldn't open any at all, and the ones it did open just closed due to SL because apparently it wasn't able to locate any reversals.

Back