What's new

Installing and using Galileo with Forex

I have successfully installed hundreds of applications over the years, but this one leaves me baffled. The installation instructions and screenshots or videos do not match what I am seeing with the software I've downloaded. Here is what I've done:
  • Purchased Galileo FX Pro
  • Set up a forex.com account
  • Downloaded MetaTrader 4 from the link provided by forex.com
  • Installed MetaTrader 4
  • Downloaded and extracted the Galileo FX zip file
  • Copied the Galileo FX_Pro_MT4.ex4 file into the data folder (C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\F2262CFAFF47C27887389DAB2852351A\MQL4\Experts) as per the tutorial video
  • Reopened the FOREX.com US application. So far, it looks like it does in the video tutorial
    • However, when I drag the Galileo FX_Pro_MT4 icon to a chart, the dialog that appears does not look like the dialog I receive (see attached screenshot).
      • The Common tab does not have checkboxes for "Allow modification of signals settings" or "Allow Algo trading"
        • What should I enter?
    • Continuing with the video tutorial, when I choose the timeframe "M1" then the screen shows "Waiting for update." But it never updates.
  • I am unable to proceed with any testing.
I'd appreciate some setup guidance.
Andrew

PS. I have to say that I am not impressed with the installation instructions. I'll be quite unhappy if I have to fork over another $215 USD to have someone set it up for me.

Attachments

• Galileo_Common-Dialog.PNG
    Galileo_Common-Dialog.PNG
    108.9 KB · Views: 20
I have successfully installed hundreds of applications over the years, but this one leaves me baffled. The installation instructions and screenshots or videos do not match what I am seeing with the software I've downloaded. Here is what I've done:
  • Purchased Galileo FX Pro
  • Set up a forex.com account
  • Downloaded MetaTrader 4 from the link provided by forex.com
  • Installed MetaTrader 4
  • Downloaded and extracted the Galileo FX zip file
  • Copied the Galileo FX_Pro_MT4.ex4 file into the data folder (C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\F2262CFAFF47C27887389DAB2852351A\MQL4\Experts) as per the tutorial video
  • Reopened the FOREX.com US application. So far, it looks like it does in the video tutorial
    • However, when I drag the Galileo FX_Pro_MT4 icon to a chart, the dialog that appears does not look like the dialog I receive (see attached screenshot).
      • The Common tab does not have checkboxes for "Allow modification of signals settings" or "Allow Algo trading"
        • What should I enter?
    • Continuing with the video tutorial, when I choose the timeframe "M1" then the screen shows "Waiting for update." But it never updates.
  • I am unable to proceed with any testing.
I'd appreciate some setup guidance.
Andrew

PS. I have to say that I am not impressed with the installation instructions. I'll be quite unhappy if I have to fork over another $215 USD to have someone set it up for me.
Hello SN, I see that you were having the same issues I'm facing but didn't see a response to Kunolono's post. if you would be so kind to share your results, this would be awesome! to your attachment: I selected all checkboxes in the "Common Tab" along with an additional checkbox (Allow modification of Signals settings) however received message in the Expert Tab "Galileo FX_Pro_MT4 EURUSD,M1: Buy order failed! unknown error retry..." all morning on four different pairs with no trades executed. EA seems to be working. called Forex.com to see if it was their end but sadly i was not. So please share your experience so I as well can proceed with testing... Thanks in advance!

Back