What's new

"Off Quotes" and Other Issues

GunstarZero

Hello all! Noob here, and need some guidance.

I opened an account on Oanda and am using MT4. I have Galileo set up properly, and all seems well in backtesting.

I am seeing a few issues. One, I'm not allowed to do both short and long on Oanda on the same pair, so I've set the bot to "short only". I have my bullish and bearish set to 2 for both.

The trades are only attempted if the bullish candles hit. I've seen bearish go 2, 3, 4, even 5, and no trade is attempted. So it seems the bot is only opening a trade on the bullish variable.

Also, it seems to be allowing only one trade at a time. If another trade is attempted, I'm getting the following error:
"'3536860': order sell 0.01 EURUSD opening at market sl: 1.06628 tp: 1.06228 [Off quotes]".

I have found one article on this that states it could be a connectivity issue (it is not), and also changing the Deviation by default. I have changed it all the way to 5 pips, still having the same issue.

Trading on EURUSD M15.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Ok, I've figured most of this out. The Off Quotes and such is because of Oanda and US Regulations. Is there any real way to "randomize" lot size each trade made by Galileo? I have it set to Risk % of .5 but my balance is currently too low to go over .01.

Also, I did test, and while hedging isn't allowed on Oanda, putting Long and Short back on does attempt to make a trade when it's bearish now.......but it's a Buy position. I was under the impression that hitting the consecutive "bullish" signals would make a Buy position, and hitting the "bearish" signals would put a Sell position, but it's actually working in the reverse of that. Is this correct? Any way to change?

Back