What's new

New User: All trades failing on Oanda

LarLar

I have installed the files on MT4 with 6 charts, but only used one to test the bot is functioning, on a 1min time frame.
There's a smiley face on all charts and a number of them have attempted to trade, but all are failing.
I am using either a 1m or 5m chart, with settings of 0 lots, 0.5% risk, SL 100, TP 200, 2 Bullish, 3 Bearish. I initially used 80/80 as suggested on a 1m.
Autotrading is ON.

EXPERTS TAB: The symbol initializes, then Buy or Sell order failed, "Trade is disabled retry." on all symbols.
JOURNAL TAB: Trade shows Order price, SL price, TP price "Failed" (Trade is disabled).

I’ve reached out to GalileoFX “support” multiple times after purchase with similar questions about installation on Forex. Deaf zone. No one answers, including to requests for support sessions. I’m starting to think it’s a scam. If you hear anything back from them on the subject, please post in this forum.

Hello Leeza, I had a reply from support, and found out the symbols to use are the ones with a "g" at the end. I was told to use "Instruments" and "Group 17" and it worked. I have set up the EURUSD-g, GBPUSD-g, EURJPY-g, XAUUSD-g and the NAS100USD-g. on a $5,000 demo account and trying different ENTRY/SL/TP levels. It has been running for approx 20 hrs now, and has generated a profit of $260. It has traded a frightening number of times, so don't be surprised. It has yet to trade gold on the settings I have set, because the other trades are using all of the funds. I believe that would need its own account.
I'm going to leave everything running to see how it does. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot (53).png
    Screenshot (53).png
    174.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot (54).png
    Screenshot (54).png
    254.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot (61).png
    Screenshot (61).png
    241 KB · Views: 14
Thank you so much. This is excellent news. So despite what has been mentioned in this forum, Forex does support expert advisor trading on demo accounts?

Are Instruments and Group 17 MT4 settings?

Looking closer at your screenshot had a couple of questions
1. Is it possible that you have such high frequency of trades because you have your bullish and bearish signals set to only 1?
2. Also, was wondering what your time settings are, meaning how frequently the bot checks the market?

Many thanks for helping out in this forum

Yes, I'm using MT4.
You are correct the reason I had the 1 /1 set, was to get the bot to begin trading quickly.
I have moved from a 1min to a 5min time-frame now, using bull/bear as 2/3. The stop settings were not efficient though.
I feel that getting the trailing stop to work efficiently with any bot is one of the keys to making it work really well.
Swapping out different settings, to try and find something workable, which is definitely going to take some time See attached pic
Gave up on the Gold and NAS100 charts, and concentrating only on curr. pairs for now. I was in profit over $250 this morning and the NAS100 took away $100...lol

You're welcome. Let me know if you find something which works.

Attachments

• Screenshot (62).png
    Screenshot (62).png
    225.8 KB · Views: 13
hello have you resolve the issue
I have installed the files on MT4 with 6 charts, but only used one to test the bot is functioning, on a 1min time frame.
There's a smiley face on all charts and a number of them have attempted to trade, but all are failing.
I am using either a 1m or 5m chart, with settings of 0 lots, 0.5% risk, SL 100, TP 200, 2 Bullish, 3 Bearish. I initially used 80/80 as suggested on a 1m.
Autotrading is ON.

EXPERTS TAB: The symbol initializes, then Buy or Sell order failed, "Trade is disabled retry." on all symbols.
JOURNAL TAB: Trade shows Order price, SL price, TP price "Failed" (Trade is disabled).

I’ve reached out to GalileoFX “support” multiple times after purchase with similar questions about installation on Forex. Deaf zone. No one answers, including to requests for support sessions. I’m starting to think it’s a scam. If you hear anything back from them on the subject, please post in this forum.
hello my I ask whats the problem with your EA

Hello Leeza, I had a reply from support, and found out the symbols to use are the ones with a "g" at the end. I was told to use "Instruments" and "Group 17" and it worked. I have set up the EURUSD-g, GBPUSD-g, EURJPY-g, XAUUSD-g and the NAS100USD-g. on a $5,000 demo account and trying different ENTRY/SL/TP levels. It has been running for approx 20 hrs now, and has generated a profit of $260. It has traded a frightening number of times, so don't be surprised. It has yet to trade gold on the settings I have set, because the other trades are using all of the funds. I believe that would need its own account.
I'm going to leave everything running to see how it does. Hope this helps.
hello as I have seen in your trades you have a lot of multiple entries, you can actually set maximum trades to 5 or 10 or it depends on you

hello as I have seen in your trades you have a lot of multiple entries, you can actually set maximum trades to 5 or 10 or it depends on you
How do you get to “instruments” in the Forex MT4? I don’t see such as option.

When you have the platform open, click on view, click on symbols. @nd one down, under Forex. Do not use the symbols in the Forex list.

When you have the platform open, click on view, click on symbols. @nd one down, under Forex. Do not use the symbols in the Forex list.
seems the only symbols available are the ones in the Forex.com list.

The second one down is ForexPRO 2, and doesn’t list anything with -g. Here is the screenshot. I’m very curious how you got to those trading pairs.

So far my account is down $60 from an initial $800 investment. Only 3 trades were made in the last two weeks, with 90 T/P and 85 S/L, at H1 frequency.

Last edited:
Autotrading is ON.

The lot number is the amount you want to purchase so if you have it set to 0, it will buy 0. You need to have at least .01 in there.

Back