What's new

Who is using Trailing Steps?

mjkidd27

Playing with the trailing start & trailing step and wondering who are using these and what settings you are finding to work best. When trading manually, I like to move my SL to profitability as soon as I see price take a stair step away and show me a higher-low in an up trend or a lower-high in a down trend. The technique preserves winners once price has moved away in our favor to at least the breakeven point and then trails price movement as it shows it has the intent to continue the trend.

Is anyone using the GFX trailing start and step in a similar way but automated? I understand the bot won't be able to see price movement in stair steps however, has anyone seen a step of xx pips/points that is working well for them?

Attachments

• 2024-01-18_9-18-50.png
    2024-01-18_9-18-50.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hi there! I did sometime... The problem I found was that if you leave the robot alone some time (like 1 week or so) and you don't check trend changes, your account develops a huge floating money. Choose pairs that trend consistently (USDJPY, AUDCHF have worked for me)

Thank you @Vinitrader I'm currently backtesting this technique to see if I can find a clear benefit to using it.

I've started messing with them in AUDUSD. Trailing Start 260 Trailing step 10. It's been securing profit but I feel I might need to refine it a bit more

Back