What's new

How to optimize Stop Loss, Take Profit and Lot Size

David

Administrator
Staff member
Ready to take your trading to the next level? Galileo FX is your ultimate ally. By integrating essential settings, you unlock its full potential and achieve remarkable results.

Let's start with stop loss and take profit. These parameters manage risk and safeguard your capital. Customize them based on your risk tolerance and the currency pair. For a conservative approach, set a 30-point stop loss and 60-point take profit. If you prefer a more aggressive strategy, increase it to 50 points and 100 points. Adapt them to suit your style and market conditions.

Now, lot sizes. Proper position sizing is crucial for risk management. Begin with a lot size of 0.01 for every $1000 in your account balance. For a $5000 account, use a 0.05 lot size. Control risk while capitalizing on opportunities. Adjust the lot size based on your account size and risk strategy.

Remember, these integrated settings are your starting point. Customize and fine-tune them. Backtest and forward test on a demo account. Evaluate performance and alignment with your goals.

Implement these integrated settings and success is within reach. Prioritize risk management and adapt to market conditions. Regularly evaluate and adjust.

Ready to take your trading to the next level? Galileo FX is your ultimate ally. By integrating essential settings, you unlock its full potential and achieve remarkable results.

Let's start with stop loss and take profit. These parameters manage risk and safeguard your capital. Customize them based on your risk tolerance and the currency pair. For a conservative approach, set a 30-point stop loss and 60-point take profit. If you prefer a more aggressive strategy, increase it to 50 points and 100 points. Adapt them to suit your style and market conditions.

Now, lot sizes. Proper position sizing is crucial for risk management. Begin with a lot size of 0.01 for every $1000 in your account balance. For a $5000 account, use a 0.05 lot size. Control risk while capitalizing on opportunities. Adjust the lot size based on your account size and risk strategy.

Remember, these integrated settings are your starting point. Customize and fine-tune them. Backtest and forward test on a demo account. Evaluate performance and alignment with your goals.

Implement these integrated settings and success is within reach. Prioritize risk management and adapt to market conditions. Regularly evaluate and adjust.
Hi David , what is meant by 30 points /60 points? How to put in settings?

Hi David , what is meant by 30 points /60 points? How to put in settings?
they are basically pips in points you can input that one in the parameter of the EA . If you already activate the EA , you can see it at the right corner of your chart

What does ea mean? Expert advisor? Is this a ratio for stpl tp? I really don't understand . I am new and trying since March but it is more difficult than I thought ;-)
On live account a few gains but mostly losses, so I want to start from scratch. What is the best strategy?
I prefer slow settings with steady low profits, most of the shown settings are high profit seems to me?
Hope someone can help me :)

What does ea mean? Expert advisor? Is this a ratio for stpl tp? I really don't understand . I am new and trying since , but it is more difficult than I thought ;-)
On live account a few gains but mostly losses, so I want to start from scratch. What is the best strategy?
I prefer slow settings with steady low profits, most of the shown settings are high profit seems to me?
Hope someone can help me :)
I can advise you to study first the basic like the forex terminology such as pips, leverage, support and resistance , demand and supply , risk management , stoploss and take profit

I started a day trading masterclass in my country to understand more ( I am triggered by Galileo ;-))because I understand now it is not suitable for beginners with no experience, to many things I don't know, I have learned some but that is not enough to understand it ;-)
Thanks for your reply :)

I do not share the comment that Galileo FX is your ultimate ally.

My experience has indicated otherwise. I await an update . When will you provide one?

Thank you very much this is really working for me!

I see much discussion on SL/TP but what are some common for setting a Trailing Stop? I just look at that as the better option since TP will limit your profit if the market trend is in your favor. Any formulas/settings one would like to share?

I am also curious about using the trailing start en trailing step in points. But I do not understand how to use them good in the fast settings..
I am losing money every day with the standard fast settings and with slow settings nothing happens for weeks (and no support from GalileoFx).

Back